Before you come in for your appointment, please refer to the following lists so that you’re completely prepared. At Balance Point, we deliver professional and personalized service, and we want you to be able to have the best experience possible. For any other questions or concerns, give us a call.
Things to Do
- Please bring a list of the medications you are currently taking.
- For Balance Assessments, if you are already unsteady, we suggest you bring someone with you that can drive you home after the testing is completed.
- Continue taking all essential medications. These include heart and blood pressure medication, seizure medication, diabetes medicine and psychiatric medicines.
Things to Not Do
- Please do not wear makeup (especially eye makeup)
- Please do not eat anything three hours before testing. If you are diabetic or need to eat near testing time, please eat a small snack.
Important to Avoid
We ask that you avoid the following for 24 hours before testing:
- Dizziness, nausea or motion sickness medications
- Cold medicines and antihistamines
- Sleeping pills, sedatives or tranquilizers (unless you have been on them for at least eight weeks)